Soups are a great resource when you want something warm and simple. Besides being a dish that supports multiple variations, soup can be a very beneficial food for health care, as it nourishes and hydrates us and adds vegetables and fibers if we do not eat enough. Make a delicious homemade soup for lunch or dinner, with the collection of our best ever soup recipes for cold days.
Vegetable Cream Soup
The cream of vegetables is a super easy dish and suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets that fit in any season.
• Vegetables – Carrots, Pumpkin, Onion
• 4 leeks
• Branches of celery
• Swiss chard leaf
• Olive oil and salt
• Peel, wash and cut the pumpkin and carrot into small pieces. Similarly, clean the leeks, celery, and chard leaf, cut also.
• Cook the vegetables: put them in a large pot and add water to about 4 fingers above. Put the pot on the fire, let it boil about 45 minutes or so, until the vegetables are soft, especially the carrot.
• During the cooking, watch that they do not run out of the water and, if necessary, add a little more.
• Drain and reserve the broth. You can also freeze it in cubes, and save it for other dishes, for example.
• After that blend the drained vegetables in the jar with a pinch of salt and one tablespoon oil. Grind them until you obtain a homogeneous puree.
Pumpkin Soup, Carrot, and Seeds
Cream soup of pumpkin and carrot is an excellent option to take advantage of vegetables that we have available all year round at a good price.
• 250-gram Pumpkin
• 2 carrots
• 1 cup of sunflower seeds (previously soaked for eight hours)
• Ginger Slices. If you do not like its taste then replace it with half a clove of garlic or some fresh basil leaves.
• 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
• Water: amount needed
• Firstly, Wash the pumpkin or squash it. Then place a little amount of oil on the pumpkin before place it in the oven. Leave it until you click it to disarm alone. In that way, it will be tastier and will caramelize with its own juices. Once warm, open it and remove the pulp with a spoon.
• Secondly, Place the pulp next to the sunflower seeds previously soaked in a bowl. Add oil, ginger, and salt.
• Lastly, With the mixer or the blender, process the mixture and add the water little by little until you achieve the consistency you like.
Cream Soup of Peas
Pea soup is a classic that provides many proteins. Healthy and rich, you can enjoy it as a main course or as an entree.
• 2 cups of pea flour
• 3 carrots
• 1 onion
• Clove garlic
• Olive oil
• Spices, at ease
• 4 cups of water
• Toasted bread
• Place the butter in a pot and sauté the vegetables. On the other hand, dissolve the flour in four cups of cold water.
• When the vegetables are cooked, add the dissolved flour and all the chosen spices (curry, coriander, and cumin).
• Stir constantly until creamy. Add water, if necessary.
• Serve with croutons of bread.
All the above mention soup recipes are very simple and you do not need to be a chef to solve them. These soups help you to make eating your vegetable habit easy and satisfy your craving in no time. In other words, it’s a great source of nutrition.